Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Great Start!

Today is Sunday. My favorite day of the week as it is the only day that I can sleep past 7am. This morning I made it to 7:10am before my little Boston Terrier, Gracie woke me up.


After letting Gracie ouside for her morning "ritual", I made myself a scrumptious cup of hot coffee and contemplated breakfast. Since starting Weight Watchers three weeks ago (yet again), I have been carefully counting my Points each day.....not willing to carelessly waste even one of them.  So today my breakfast consisted of a 1/2 cup of cooked oatmeal, the real kind, and just before I was ready to eat, I added a level teaspoon of low-fat peanut butter and 16 (count 'em) fabulous dark chocolate chips.

1/2 cup cooked oatmeal   -           2 points
2 teaspoons low-fat peanut butter - 2 points
16 dark chocolate chips -              2 points

So, for a grand total of 6 points, I had what tasted like a warm and slightly soggy O' Henry bar. Delightful. Now I'm headed out for a walk to work off and take back about 4 of those points.

See how this works??

:)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment